Support Manager - Ticket Status & Emails.

Michael

I was wondering guys if we could have three new features below:

1. When replying to a ticket can it change the status, so if a client replies it goes to Open, if a staff member replies it goes to Awaiting reply?

2. Emails run by the cron however they have a minimum of 5 minutes to run, so if someone replies we have to be on the page or wait 5 minutes to see we have an alert, so I was wondering if we can have a shorter time like 1 minute or 2 minutes for the tickets.

3. As above it would be cool to to have an alert at the top as the ticket system is Ajax powered I thought it would be cool to have (1) Support Manager > Tickets | Company name. 

That would alert us we have a new ticket.

Just a few ideas for the future of Blesta. 

I was wondering guys if we could have three new features below:

1. When replying to a ticket can it change the status, so if a client replies it goes to Open, if a staff member replies it goes to Awaiting reply?

CORE-517 for v3.0.0.b4 already added the ability for a ticket "Awaiting Reply" to be changed to "Open" automatically when a client replies. Replying as an admin does not change status automatically because you have the option to change it yourself.

A conflict may arise if, say, the system automatically changes a ticket whose status is "In Progress" to "Open" if it was not desired. e.g. if an admin changes the status from "Open" to "In Progress", and replies to the ticket only to find that it is back to "Open" again.

2. Emails run by the cron however they have a minimum of 5 minutes to run, so if someone replies we have to be on the page or wait 5 minutes to see we have an alert, so I was wondering if we can have a shorter time like 1 minute or 2 minutes for the tickets.

The time intervals are set in the core, so the support plugin wouldn't specify its own, but I see what you mean. A shorter time may be better, but you may want to try ticket piping instead.

3. As above it would be cool to to have an alert at the top as the ticket system is Ajax powered I thought it would be cool to have (1) Support Manager > Tickets | Company name. 

That would alert us we have a new ticket.

Where would this appear?

CORE-517 for v3.0.0.b4 already added the ability for a ticket "Awaiting Reply" to be changed to "Open" automatically when a client replies. Replying as an admin does not change status automatically because you have the option to change it yourself.

A conflict may arise if, say, the system automatically changes a ticket whose status is "In Progress" to "Open" if it was not desired. e.g. if an admin changes the status from "Open" to "In Progress", and replies to the ticket only to find that it is back to "Open" again.

Ah I see, I was wondering if it would be be defaulted unless we change it from the same status.

The time intervals are set in the core, so the support plugin wouldn't specify its own, but I see what you mean. A shorter time may be better, but you may want to try ticket piping instead.

I use that mate, but when they open it via the client area, we have to wait.

Where would this appear?

In the page title mate :) but only on the ticket manager page as it would be hard probably to do it all over the system.

Ah I see, I was wondering if it would be be defaulted unless we change it from the same status.

That would be the way to go in this case. Automatic changes are often seen as unexpected and undesired, so I'm curious to hear what others think about this.

I use that mate, but when they open it via the client area, we have to wait.

If a client opens a ticket from the client area, it's in the system instantly. If you're viewing the tickets listing in the admin area, you wait no more than 30 seconds for the ajax request to fetch new/updated tickets.

That would be the way to go in this case. Automatic changes are often seen as unexpected and undesired, so I'm curious to hear what others think about this.

If a client opens a ticket from the client area, it's in the system instantly. If you're viewing the tickets listing in the admin area, you wait no more than 30 seconds for the ajax request to fetch new/updated tickets.

Yeah but you have to be on that page 24 / 7 Just in case we get a ticket haha. I have my roundcube open in a tab so when I'm on here (or away) I can see if I get a ticket but it's 5 minutes after they've opened it.

Do you guys plan to add automation settings to the support plugin?  Automation settings or rules which do what CubicWebs referring to as well as ticket escalation and etc.

That's where I personally would find it useful.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree. I hate always having to change the status of a ticket. It should automatically change to the most logical status and then we would have to override it if we wanted it to be something else, or, better yet, give us a settings panel to set it up how we want in case we want it to auto change, but just not to the status that blesta wants.

• 7 months later...