Windows 10?

Alexander Orlov

Hi Serge,

I mean :

-> because of two factor, now peoples always have their phones near of them, listening to the key pressed on the keyboard.  This can be done using common Android malwares.

Two factor introduced new problems.    It's not a solution, it's the patch of another problem. :D

What will be next?  Three, four, and then five factor authentication?  :D

Carl said:

I would like to see something better than passwords coming.    ...but it's always a new "second factor" method.  It never really change the problem : passwords.

I think you missunderstood how it's work (since about more than one decade for 99% EU banks), by using a second factor, it's mean you have added a new layer of security to the user/password, as just after using that most common second factor, is you need to type a "moving key", so if your user/password couple is stolen (by viral software that know what websites you are connected with, what user/password you used), it's will be stopped to re-use it by the moving key they can not know as it's change every time.

The "moving key" depending of method, can come by :

- SMS

OR

- Email (better that SMS, because if you travel, depending of countries, you will not get your SMS)

Or you have a little "digipass", it's like a micro-device that display new key every x mins but synchronized with the bank system or with, or other

etc.

Off course there are many other methods, but these above are some of the most common

@carl

I mean :

-> because of two factor, now peoples always have their phones near of them, listening to the key pressed on the keyboard.  This can be done using common Android malwares.

Ok, I understand now what you was saying.

To answer you, I think it a matter of certificate price, when the kind certificate (proff of identity) you can have on an USB key will be cheapper, it's will be the second factor or you just sign with that. It's the issue by now with credit card transaction online, as there are no signed (no need of your pin) so it's increase transaction cost for covert the risk the transaction be denied by card owner ...because there is no pin asked, because until now it's was too expensive to setup the legal online signature for ecommerce.

But as an example using my belgian identity card (that have a ship), and also using a $15 USD card reader and my card pin, I was able declare my tax, so this kind of process is the future, and using my card id an an app I can also sign a PDF that will have force of law but I believe all of this is possible because Belgium state paid the root certificate....

• 1 month later...

Full version coming out of the end of this month. Loving the win10 technical preview. I am confident that the full version is close and stable. If you have win 7 .8 or 8.1 you should see in the updates area to reserve your free copy of Win10.

Clone and backup :)

Full version coming out of the end of this month. Loving the win10 technical preview. I am confident that the full version is close and stable. If you have win 7 .8 or 8.1 you should see in the updates area to reserve your free copy of Win10.

Clone and backup :)

And my work computer still doesn't have the Windows upgrade option in the task bar.

• 3 weeks later...

At first there was a glaring issue in that Start Menu wasn't working... up until I connected to the Internet, anyway.

Seems to be okay now. No issues here... yet, at any rate. Except for SorensonVRS's nTouch PC app constantly restarting for some reason.

Edit: Oh, and not being able to fully shut down. Someone on Reddit had the solution for the issue. Turns out that by default, Windows 10 does fast restart, instead of a full shut-down.

Power Options > Choose what closing the lid does. Click on the blue Change settings that are currently unavailable. Untick fast restart, save. Shut down as normal, force a hard reset then log back in, shut down again and it should work as you would expect.

• 4 weeks later...

What do you all think of Windows 10 spying? http://bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/

Have you done anything to circumvent this?

If you are using Android or iOS you are giving Google and/or Apple pretty much the same data you are giving Microsoft.  While turning off most of the tracking stuff is fairly easy to do and only takes a min or two (although every article I have read makes it sound like you have to be a computer surgeon to do it).

• 3 months later...