Hosting With Domain Registration Add On

cwiley

Question

Hi all. I'm new to Blesta and am setting this up in trial. I've managed to add a hosting package with a domain registration addon. However, I can't figure out how to get the order to flow so that the addon is executed prior to check out. In other words, I was hoping that if someone ordered hosting and selected the domain add on that the customer would then be prompted to search for the domain they want and then proceed with purchasing both the domain and hosting. Can this be done?

Also, as I've tested I don't see an option to remove from cart. I can clear the cart contents completely but not selectively. Is that possible as well?

12 answers to this question

Hi. Setting up a package to sell domains isn't the problem. I've already set them up. I also have a hosting package configured. The hosting package has an addon package for domains. When a customer chooses to buy the hosting package and then chooses the domain ADDON package there doesn't seem to be an order flow that allows the customer to buy the domain before continuing the hosting order. 

Hi. Setting up a package to sell domains isn't the problem. I've already set them up. I also have a hosting package configured. The hosting package has an addon package for domains. When a customer chooses to buy the hosting package and then chooses the domain ADDON package there doesn't seem to be an order flow that allows the customer to buy the domain before continuing the hosting order. 

You can't unless you make a special order form and domain packages for when a client orders it they get the domain free, or the client orders the domain and then picks a hosting package, or they skips the domains and just orders hosting.

Yes please!

I feel like the product had a lot of traction and potential a couple years ago but it's yet to live up to its promise. So many great things were being discussed at the time and came across as imminent features but are yet to manifest. From my observations a lot of people tend to dip their toes into blesta and go running back to the market leader for hosting. Something as simple as the hosting/domain order form will go a long way to both attaining and retaining the clientele that operate in that segment of the industry.

Just my 2 cents  :blesta:

So in doing further reading on this forum it looks like this may be resolved in version 4.1/ Is that true? If so, is there a timeline for release of 40, 4.1 etc.? I couldn't fine one...

they are working in v4.0 , no ETA for it now, but it seem near . after that the v4.1 will come .

Maybe I'm completely mistaken but the only official mention about 4.1 is domain management not the domain ordering process. I haven't come across any official line mentioning the ordering process being addressed for domains and hosting in 4.1. I've only come across a few people such as myself and naja bemoaning the current innefectual way domains are ordered but again I could be mistaken. I'd happily be corrected if I've missed an official response regarding the way domains are ordered.

Maybe I'm completely mistaken but the only official mention about 4.1 is domain management not the domain ordering process. I haven't come across any official line mentioning the ordering process being addressed for domains and hosting in 4.1. I've only come across a few people such as myself and naja bemoaning the current innefectual way domains are ordered but again I could be mistaken. I'd happily be corrected if I've missed an official response regarding the way domains are ordered.

The only thing I've seen mentioned is 'v4.1 is dedicated to improving domain management' but there hasn't been anything said as far as details are concerned. If I'm not mistaken, I thought I saw a post somewhere saying that they haven't really mapped any specifics out yet.

We are looking at making changes to the "domain and other" type to work for just domains as well.

The only thing I've seen mentioned is 'v4.1 is dedicated to improving domain management' but there hasn't been anything said as far as details are concerned. If I'm not mistaken, I thought I saw a post somewhere saying that they haven't really mapped any specifics out yet.

We have announced some things that will be included, like a pricing grid for TLDs, but the tasks for domain management are currently private as they are evolving. We have mapped out quite a bit, and had a lot of internal discussions, but are not ready to make related tasks public yet. As 4.0 nears completion, we will begin to finalize plans and start development.

That said, we welcome suggestions.

We are looking at making changes to the "domain and other" type to work for just domains as well.

Hey Paul, thanks for the reply, but ordering just domains isn't the issue the OP or I have. The problem is ordering domains with hosting. Please see below:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5909-logical-order-forms-for-domains-and-hosting/?p=41736

thanks  :blesta: