Support Manager Status

Blesta Addons

when a client open a tiket , and a staff make a response , the status is open .

when a client open a tiket , and a staff make a response, client make a response , the status is open .

is better to add new status , waiting staff response .. that way the client know the ticket waiting other's response,

the actual scenario , the client should always enter the ticket to see there is a new update .

Hi naja7host ,I'm glad to see you move to recent version,there is already  Awaiting Reply and In Progress status, it is not marked after clent response and by default you need manualy to change status but it can be easily recoded to set Awaiting Reply or waiting staff response insted ticket opened after clent response.Now client don't need to enter ticket to see who respond last since there is time and last reply by ........ in support menager but I understand your point.

I agree and I think the statuses should be:

Awaiting Client Reply (automatically set after a staff member responds)

Awaiting Staff Reply (automatically set after a client responds to a ticket)

Sorry to hijack a little bit but it would be really useful to see these statuses in the main list of tickets along with a 'from' column to show which client the ticket belongs to.

You don't find that automatically changing the 'awaiting' status could cause some confusion? If the ticket status is "Open" and I am adding a note to the ticket, why should it automatically change from Open to Awaiting Client Reply? In this case, I have not replied to the client.

You don't find that automatically changing the 'awaiting' status could cause some confusion? If the ticket status is "Open" and I am adding a note to the ticket, why should it automatically change from Open to Awaiting Client Reply? In this case, I have not replied to the client.

I believe they want it to go from awaiting client reply to awaiting staff reply.

if last reply by client status should be --- Awaiting Staff Reply .

if last reply by Staff status should be --- Awaiting Client Reply .

this make sense for me than just showing a open status !!

Valid point. I didn't look at that piece of it because I've never added notes to a support ticket. I was more concerned with updating the actual ticket reply.

Yes because it's open, when a client replies or a staff member replies then maybe then change it but the Open is what it says it's a open ticket, the same with the closed which is a closed ticket.

Mike, we are not talking about open or closed . awaiting reply is also open, on hold is also open . open is also open .

but we talk about a more descriptive status , if you log as a client , the ticket is open , can you know the ticket is replied by staff or not ? you can't ... what we need here is simplifying the life for both staff or client .

note this status was exist in v2 :)

Mike, we are not talking about open or closed . awaiting reply is also open, on hold is also open . open is also open .

but we talk about a more descriptive status , if you log as a client , the ticket is open , can you know the ticket is replied by staff or not ? you can't ... what we need here is simplifying the life for both staff or client .

note this status was exist in v2 :)

Well it's common sense because if you didn't reply to it then the staff did, if the client replied it's open. Staff change the status to awaiting reply so they know it's the client.

from my point of view , making notes as reply is a logical error . notes != reply .

if you remember , i have notified about a problem in notes for multi-languages , notes should be moved to a separate table . that is just my opinion .

but i think is not impossible to find a condition that will check last reply that is not the note :) .

regarding my first request , i believe the status is soo helpfully , specially when you have a average of list of 20 or 30 ticket opens .

Awaiting Client Reply (automatically set after a staff member responds)

Awaiting Staff Reply (automatically set after a client responds to a ticket)

The issue is more of a usability one than of back-end logic. If statuses for "Awaiting Client/Staff Reply" both existed, automatically changing to them is where ambiguity arises, particularly in the admin UI.

Consider:

1. Admin updates a ticket to add a note about something the next admin should be aware of.

- If the ticket status is "Open", we could auto-select it as "Awaiting Client Reply". This gives the admin the illusion that the status is already "Awaiting Client Reply" since they did not change the status themselves. This can be confusing.

- Additionally, when saving the note, the note gets added and the ticket status gets changed to "Awaiting Client Reply". The client may look at the ticket and see the status changed but there is no reply. This can be confusing to them as well.

2. Admin updates a ticket to reply to a client.

- If the ticket status is "Open", we could show it's status as "Open", and only when the admin replies to the ticket do we automatically change the status to "Awaiting Client Reply" in the back-end. This can be confusing too, however, since the status change may not be expected considering it was shown to be set to "Open" by the admin, but it was changed anyway. Additionally, automatically changing the status in the back-end can effectively remove the ability for statuses to be changed. You would essentially have three statuses: Awaiting Client Reply when an admin responds, Awaiting Staff Reply when a client responds, and Closed when the ticket has been closed. The other statuses, i.e., Open, In Progress, would only ever be used when an admin specifically changes the status but does not reply to the ticket.

What behavior do you prefer? If one of the above, how do you propose to rectify the ambiguity?

The issue is more of a usability one than of back-end logic. If statuses for "Awaiting Client/Staff Reply" both existed, automatically changing to them is where ambiguity arises, particularly in the admin UI.

Consider:

1. Admin updates a ticket to add a note about something the next admin should be aware of.

- If the ticket status is "Open", we could auto-select it as "Awaiting Client Reply". This gives the admin the illusion that the status is already "Awaiting Client Reply" since they did not change the status themselves. This can be confusing.

- Additionally, when saving the note, the note gets added and the ticket status gets changed to "Awaiting Client Reply". The client may look at the ticket and see the status changed but there is no reply. This can be confusing to them as well.

2. Admin updates a ticket to reply to a client.

- If the ticket status is "Open", we could show it's status as "Open", and only when the admin replies to the ticket do we automatically change the status to "Awaiting Client Reply" in the back-end. This can be confusing too, however, since the status change may not be expected considering it was shown to be set to "Open" by the admin, but it was changed anyway. Additionally, automatically changing the status in the back-end can effectively remove the ability for statuses to be changed. You would essentially have three statuses: Awaiting Client Reply when an admin responds, Awaiting Staff Reply when a client responds, and Closed when the ticket has been closed. The other statuses, i.e., Open, In Progress, would only ever be used when an admin specifically changes the status but does not reply to the ticket.

What behavior do you prefer? If one of the above, how do you propose to rectify the ambiguity?

I would say this mate:

Client opens a ticket (Open) -> Staff replies (Awaiting Client Reply) -> Client replies (Waiting Staff Reply) -> Staff replies (Awaiting Client Reply)

Admin opens a ticket (Open) -> Client replies (Awaiting Staff Reply) -> Staff replies (Awaiting Client Reply) -> Client replies (Waiting Staff Reply) -> Staff replies (Awaiting Client Reply)

PS: Staff can't set Awaiting Staff Reply.

I would say this mate:

Client opens a ticket (Open) -> Staff replies (Awaiting Client Reply) -> Client replies (Waiting Staff Reply) -> Staff replies (Awaiting Client Reply)

Admin opens a ticket (Open) -> Client replies (Awaiting Staff Reply) -> Staff replies (Awaiting Client Reply) -> Client replies (Waiting Staff Reply) -> Staff replies (Awaiting Client Reply)

I think that illustrates the expected ticket status work-flow, but it doesn't address the UI ambiguity I mentioned above.

I think that illustrates the expected ticket status work-flow, but it doesn't address the UI ambiguity I mentioned above.

I have no idea what it involves in terms of coding but I wonder if it's possible to sort of have a separate 'save note' button that is on the same screen but has a completely different function and does not do anything to the actual ticket status? Otherwise, when a reply or note is added, could there be a prompt box that appears asking if we want to update the ticket status? That may defeat the purpose of what the other users have been asking for in this thread.

I have no idea what it involves in terms of coding but I wonder if it's possible to sort of have a separate 'save note' button that is on the same screen but has a completely different function and does not do anything to the actual ticket status? Otherwise, when a reply or note is added, could there be a prompt box that appears asking if we want to update the ticket status? That may defeat the purpose of what the other users have been asking for in this thread.

i feel the same scenario . and mybe i can assist in separating notes from replies tables , but that is not my role .

I would say this mate:

that is the simple and the logical thing should be . +1 .

what we can add here if admin/staff change the status, then show it , if the admin/staff has not changed the status show what mike describe in step .

why not to add the optional status set by admin near to the default status , like

Waiting Staff Reply - In progress

Waiting Staff Reply - On Hold

default status + custom status .